Are you digital nomad worker and would you like to stay in Estonia up to 12 months? Starting from 1 August you may apply for digital nomad visa for remote workers.
Who can apply?
You need meet all following recrutiments:
- You can work independent of your location
- You can deliver your work services remotely using internet
- You are employeed by the company registered outside of Estonia, conduct business through your own company registered abroad or work as a freelancer for clients mostly outside of Estonia.
- You have possibility to provide authorities with the evidence that confirm the minimum threshold (€3504) during the six months before the application.
Types of VISA
Type C for short stay – state fee is: 80€
Type D for long stay – state fee is: 100€
List of embassies where you can apply for visa for nomads
Estonian Embassy in Ankara: https://ankara.mfa.ee
Estonian Embassy in Abu Dhabi: https://abudhabi.mfa.ee (only D-visa applications as of September 1, 2020)
Estonian Embassy in Beijing: https://beijing.mfa.ee
Estonian Embassy in Cairo: https://cairo.mfa.ee
Estonian Embassy in Canberra: https://canberra.mfa.ee
Estonian Embassy in Dublin: https://dublin.mfa.ee
Estonian Embassy in Helsinki: https://helsinki.mfa.ee (only D-visa applications)
Estonian Embassy in Kyiv: https://kyiv.mfa.ee
Estonian Embassy in London: https://london.mfa.ee
Estonian Embassy in Minsk: https://minsk.mfa.ee
Estonian Embassy in Moscow: https://moscow.mfa.ee
Estonian Embassy in New Delhi: https://newdelhi.mfa.ee
Estonian Consulate General in New York: https://newyork.mfa.ee
Estonian Embassy in Nur-Sultan: https://nursultan.mfa.ee/
Estonian Embassy in Ottawa: https://ottawa.mfa.ee
Estonian Embassy in Paris: https://paris.mfa.ee (only D-visa applications)
Estonian Embassy in Stockholm: https://stockholm.mfa.ee (only D-visa applications)
Estonian Consulate General in St Petersburg: https://stpetersburg.mfa.ee
Estonian Consulate General in St Petersburg Chancery in Pskov: https://pskov.mfa.ee
Estonian Embassy in Tbilisi: https://tbilisi.mfa.ee/
Estonian Embassy in Tel Aviv: https://telaviv.mfa.ee
Estonian Embassy in Tokyo: https://tokyo.mfa.ee
How is the procedure of applying?
- Visit the website https://eelviisataotlus.vm.ee/ and choose your language
- Choose the type of VISA – short stay (C) or long stay (D)
- Fill in the form and print it
- Make the appointment at Estonian Embassy or Consulate
- Take all supporting documents, evidences, identity documents like passport, identity card and submit your applicaiton
- Wait plase up to 30 days for approval your application.
NOTE! If you reside in Estonia – please apply for digital nomad visa directly to Police and Border Guard Board office
e-Residency card vs Digital Nomad VISA
- Get your goverment-issued digital identity and authenticate all documments
- Gain access to Estonia’s e-Services like Estonian residents
- Register your first company with e-Residency card and take advantage of deffering of Corporate Tax – 0%
- Open the corporate bank account in Estonia or abroad
- Complete your VAT return and all statutory duties
- Apply on e-resident.gov.ee and wait 6-8 weeks for approval
- Receive youe e-Residency card at local Embassy or Consulate around world.
Digital Nomad VISA
- Obtain right for staying in Estonia for up to 1 year
- Only for digital nomads people, who are be able to perform activities online independent of location
- For employer with seat outside of Estonia
- For the comapny with seat outside of Estonia
- For freelancers, who have clients outside of Estonia
- Approval time up to 30 days
- Apply by visiting nearest Estonian Embassy
- Receive VISA NOMAD at Estonian Embassy or Consulate